Submit your Entry
- To promote awareness of the vision problems individuals in third-world countries may face on a daily basis, due to their difficulty in accessing resources and care
- To promote outreach in the youth community by allowing them to reflect on the topic of sight and its importance
- To encourage youth to express their creativity, individuality and talents on a global stage
- Anybody between the age of 10 to 18 years old can submit – Due date for all submissions will be September 10th 24:00 EST
- Only original, unpublished work can be accepted – The contest will be split into two categories:
- Writing: Prose/Poetry
- Visual Arts: Photography/Artwork
- However, submissions including rants, essays, comics can all be submitted – as long as its appropriate, non-offensive and able to be published in an anthology!
- Every individual may submit up to two pieces, however, there may only be one submission in either the poetry/prose category and one submission in the artwork category
- It is highly encouraged that you do not just answer the prompts directly in an essay format. Incorporate the prompt into your work, whether it is a photo, a short story or a song. Use creativity to showcase yourself!
What Can be submitted
- Artwork: 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches preferred. Original work must be submitted.
- Digital Artwork: 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches preferred. No images from Google Images. High resolution – minimum of 300 dpi is required for 8 inches by 10 inches or 2400 pixels by 3000 pixels.
- Photography: High resolution – minimum of 300 dpi is required for 8 inches by 10 inches or 2400 pixels by 3000 pixels.
- Writing: Maximum of 1000 words, typed, pdf.
- Visual Arts: please attach an optional 100-word rationale.
Who can Enter?
- Entries in each category will be split among two groups:
- Group 1: Ages 10-14
- Group 2: Ages 15-18
- Winners from each group and category will receive a $100 CAD prize, totaling to 4 winners overall.
“The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.” – Helen Keller
“For my part I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream.” -Vincent Van Gogh
What does vision mean to you?
- Submit your work through the link above
- All submissions will be accepted and free (as long as they are from youth under the age of 18)
- Once submission deadlines pass, a panel will judge entries keeping in mind their age
- All selected individuals will be published in an anthology